Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Story of a marriage

My mother suggested me to watch a daily soap on one of the Indian regional channels stating "I guess you'd like it"; but as usual I ignored her, thinking she has nothing better to do...and over past four and a half years me staying away from her has taught her not to force me on anything! Anyways.....My other friend who's a research student as well, also suggested me to watch but I had an excuse of being "just too busy for the daily soaps"; although we all know we eventually find time to do and follow things we want in life....a month later, her (patience was incredible), she asked me again, if I started watching that soap......and my answer was NO again. However this time she almost took a promise from me to watch it and I promised her I'll watch  asap!
So here we go, the name of soap is "Eka Lagnachi Doosri Goshta" didn't take me too long to search on youtube, and I saw the ratings are pretty high, lot of online viewers follow it. Anyways! I started watching it. Its actually pretty good.....The story revolved around two middle class families and both families possess an elite bachelor; a male and a female. Common line one might feel! Whats the big deal? Big deal begins when you can actually relate yourself so well to characters....Radha and Ghanashyam (Ghana) are the main characters and story revolves around their families. Both of them feel marriage is waste of energy, money and time; a common thought younger generation possesses along with idea that marriage is abandoning one's freedom. The families of both are pretty interesting and their up-bringing has obviously highly influenced by their family structures. Still, Ghana wants to go to States to pursue his career in IT field and Radha wants to stay with her dad forever through her life time. Since both of them are under peer pressure and have their focused and  well defined goals in lives, they decide to have a contract marriage. The way it has been shown is fun and entertainment. The story is running usual, they got married, avoiding sex as par their contract, trying to pretend to be a good couple and interacting normally with each others family members. The contract marriage concept is relatively newer and different for Marathi families but the family depicted here is an ideal one and a very next door kind-a family. We all viewers know that one day they're going to fall in love, and would stay happily ever after. What makes this story different then? Its the family members; Starting from Mauli (the worker at home who takes care of households), Kuhu (amateur poetess), Gyana (The serious and intelligent one), Ganga, Yami, Supriya Kaku,  Mayee Aaji, andUlka atya are highlights to mention a few, other than Ghanashyam and Radha! I like the serial because it has connected to many people together. While having a conversation with friends, it comes out comfortably ohh congratulations! Kuhu is getting married and etc. The Phrases and styles are incredible. The actors deserve best of everything. 
I do not have an appropriate conclusion about this post yet but I am sure my friends and family who watch this serial would suggest me something.
Peace~

2 comments:

  1. Ya.. indeed true. The serial n its dialogues relate to everyone's day to day life. Every youth watching this serial finds some of his experiences/ feelings/ expectations/ situations in this serial. They are all chosen thespians..so it appeals to almost all. And above all, its like a bond that whoever starts watching this serial likes to follow it..! Mukta Barve n Swapnil Joshi's magic mix all in all.

    ReplyDelete